The following is a list of the projects available as part of our 2019 summer internship programme. Please note that there may be more projects added to this list in the coming weeks. Interested applicants are encouraged to highlight any project preference(s) in their application form.
- Agent-based modelling to explore environmental and economic dynamics (Ministry for the Environment, Wellington)
- Natural language processing to improve decision-making processes (Treasury, Wellington/negotiable)
- Using design-based approaches to help translate complex concepts in science (AgResearch, Hamilton)
- Developing natural language processing tools for analysing science in the media (Nebula, Auckland)
- Survey, compilation and analysis of Te Pūnaha Matatini research output data (Te Pūnaha Matatini, Auckland)
- Machine learning for te reo Māori (Te Hiku Media, Whangarei)