There are various types of project available as part of our 2018 summer internship programme and interested applicants are encouraged to highlight any project preference(s) in their application form.
The following is a list of the projects that we have lined up to date:
- Machine learning for te reo Māori (Te Hiku Media, Wellington or Auckland, location negotiable)
- Auckland 2050 – He waka eke noa (Ngāti Whātua Orākei, Auckland)
- Social networks in pre-European Aotearoa (Te Pūnaha Matatini, Auckland)
- Social network analysis of the biosecurity tourism landscape in New Zealand (AgResearch, Hamilton)
- Self-service data and analytics portal (ACC, Wellington)
- Reforming New Zealand’s justice sector (Ministry of Justice, Wellington)
- Using data insights to deliver better justice services (Ministry of Justice, Wellington)
- Using data insights to deliver operational improvement for New Zealand’s justice sector (Ministry of Justice, Wellington)
- International Visitor Survey Analysis (MBIE, Wellington)
- Develop an environmental sustainability dashboard (MBIE, Wellington)
- Building the evidence base about family and sexual violence: Literature review and analysis (MSD, Wellington)
- Building on a prototype app for MSD’s employment assistance programmes (MSD, Wellington)
- Building a prototype app that would aggregate information about MSD’s income support payments (MSD, Wellington)
- Review of potential benefits of linking administrative and survey data for research and policy practice (MSD, Wellington)
- Data science in social services (MSD, Wellington)
- Automation of sampling error production using R (Stats NZ, Wellington)
Please be aware that this is not a comprehensive list of all of the projects we have on offer. There will be more added and some that will not be listed on here which could be located anywhere in New Zealand. Please make sure to indicate where you are able to be located for your internship in your application form.
For more detailed information about each of the projects listed, please go to our Project Descriptions page.